Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New Vinyls

Last night I bought some new vinyls from Recycled Sounds to work out the new Paradigms and the vinyls are magnificent!! I scored:

Billy Joel "An Innocent Man"
This has guest artists like Jon Faddis, Michael Brecker, Toots Thielman, and Ronnie Cuber (who knew?!)

Bob Brookmeyer "Back Again"
George Mraz, Lewis Rowls, Thad Jones and Mel Lewis!! Yeah Baby! Thad and Mel in Quintet with Bobby B.

Uriah Heep "Dragons and Wizards"
Terry says this is good shit, but is it as good as King Crimson?? We'll find out.

Two Chase albums...I thought they didn't exist, but they do!!

Gary Burton & Some Dude (to be named at a later date). But this should be good too.

Tower of Power "Back to Oakland"
Don't Change Horses in the Middle of a Stream, Oakland Stroke, Squib Cakes in analog glory. Is it possible that heaven has fallen upon this earth and angels landed in my Monitor 11's to shout down the demons of my head? It just might be possible.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello there Eric, I just thought that I would stop and read your blog. Very interesting and funny. I liked the Whiplash pic... I am not sure if I have ever seen him or not?? I live in Kansas City so it's not like I am on another planet. Anyway, just thought I would say hi and nice Blog. :) That Sandwhich was HUGE! Don't tell me you ate that!

Eric C. Newgard said...

Glad you enjoyed it. And no, I didn't eat the whole sammy, just a small communion was all that was required to cleanse my sins.