Tuesday, November 21, 2006

UFC

Saturday, my buddy Kruegs talked me into getting the UFC fight and hosting what we would call in in Illini-land "A Hang", but in Nebraska "A Party". So I bought some pizza rolls, some double stuff oreos, some diet coke and some Old Faithful, Delicious Bitch, The Nasty Poonanie.....OLD STYLE!! "Follow the yellow brick road to the Wizard of OS"

I must admit that this was my first venture into the land of pay-per-view and my first visit to UFC since Ken Shamrock in UFC 2 (this one was UFC 65). The last time I saw a fight is was Coralles vs. Castillo I, you know the epic 10 rounder where they exchanged round after round only to have 4 knockdowns in round 10 and then the knock-out on the ropes. Now that was a fight.

These UFC fights are either 45 seconds of intensity and a submission or knee/shin to the face or they are 30 minutes of very boring, very gay looking "Mixed Martial Arts". Needless to say, UFC is the shit!! Saw some guy take a shin to the face and he was out!! It was a crazy good time.

I will likely host another UFC Hang and get the boys together for some cigars, Emerald City, and hilarity.

No comments: