Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Brunello

For those of you who know me well, you know I work at a liquor/wine store part time. You also know that I am working on a PhD in fuel ethanol and that I run a home brewery that rivals most commercial breweries. To say that I am a connoisseur would probably be an understatement as would aficionado...but I am a great appreciator. Yesterday I acquired my first "expensive" or "cellar" bottle of wine. A 2001 Siro Pacenti Brunello di Montecino and absolutely fantastic wine that will be absolutely more fantastic when I drink it sometime after 2013. So what, you say? Let me remind you of this... The 2001 Brunello's point no lower than 97 in wine spectator, they even have one that was a 100 pointer...that's not perfection, but it is a classic. In addition, these wines are worth $150 plus today and will only appreciate in value as they mature. I have now left the boys and joined the men....now I just need to find a good wine cooler.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow, two posts in one week. I'm impressed.